A Word from
As the year comes to a close, allow me to take a moment to acknowledge the successes we've enjoyed together. Without question, 2022 has been a tremendous year for adMare. With the height of the pandemic behind us, we can reflect on what the pandemic taught: this industry is both vital to the health of our citizens and our economy.
adMare has been very active this year pursuing our vision: Canadian life sciences leading the world. We pursue this vision by building companies, building ecosystems, and building talent. As we reflect on the year, a few things stand out among so many achievements.
- Our team continued supporting and investing in biotech companies and we were proud to see advancements in most of our portfolio companies. Furthermore, our new partnerships with Genome Canada and Medicine by Design will help identify and advance the most disruptive technologies that will be the foundation of future companies.
- Our Montreal and Vancouver Innovation Centres grew to 29 resident companies employing more than 450 life science professionals, our new Toronto office already has numerous leaders and professionals on board with more to come, and the online adMare Community has exceeded 1,750 members.
- The Executive Institute of the adMare Academy welcomed Cohort V, including 22 remarkable leaders, and our partner CASTL opened its first biopharmaceutical manufacturing training facility in Charlottetown.
Ultimately, everyone in our ecosystem seeks to improve the lives of patients, families, and caregivers dealing with debilitating illness or disease. We are deeply grateful for the tireless effort and commitment of our own team, and our many partners. We wish you, and your loved ones, a happy and cheerful holiday season.
Gordon C. McCauley
President and CEO, adMare BioInnovations
Inversago Pharma, an adMare Portfolio Compagny, Doses First Patient in Phase 2 Trial of INV-202
"The initiation of this Phase 2 trial in DKD is a significant milestone in our development plan for INV-202," said Glenn Crater, MD, Chief Medical Officer at Inversago. "Peripheral CB1 blockade has the potential to address the significant unmet medical need in DKD as well as other complications of diabetes and obesity."
Zymeworks, an adMare Portfolio Compagny, Announces Positive Topline Data in the Pivotal HERIZON-BTC-01 Trial of Zanidatamab
Zymeworks Inc, a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing multifunctional biotherapeutics, announced positive topline results from the pivotal Phase 2b HERIZON-BTC-01, a clinical trial investigating zanidatamab, a HER2-targeted bispecific antibody.
*New date: The adMare Accelerator event will take place on January 30, 2023, at 2 p.m.
Please join us with our special guest Minister of Economy, Innovation and Energy, Mr. Pierre Fitzgibbon, to celebrate the graduation the six ventures who graduated from the Pilot Accelerator Program. Learn about their experience developing new ventures in Canada, the support they received from adMare, and the success they have achieved to date.
Several distinguished guests will be joining us, as adMare makes an important announcement about the future of the program. Join us to learn more!
More details to come
Academic-Industry Partnerships Roundtable | Webinar hosted by Stem Cell Network and adMare BioInnovations
Date: Tuesday, February 7, 2023
Time: 1 p.m. EST
Learn more about the importance of partnerships between academic labs and industry and the best practices for successful collaboration. Meet our panelists:
- Cate Murray, President and CEO, Stem Cell Network
- Amie Phinney, PhD, MBA, Senior Director, Partnerships, adMare BioInnovations
- Bharti Ranavaya, PhD, Principal, New Venture Creation, University Health Network
- Guy Sauvageau, MD, PhD, Scientific founder and CEO, ExCellThera
A look back at recent events
The Canadian Alliance for Skills and Training in Life Sciences (CASTL) launches 2023 Short Course Calendar
Delivered virtually and in-person at the new CASTL Biomanufacturing Training Facility in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, the instructor-led short courses cover all aspects of the biopharmaceutical manufacturing process.
adMare is proud to be CASTL's national lead partner and to be working together to build talent by training highly-qualified personnel who will drive the growth of the Canadian life sciences industry.